HOW TO APPLY FOR A TEMPORARY HANDICAPPED CARD
- You must come to the Monroe Township Police Department, Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am-4:00 p.m. to pick up a temporary handicapped placard application.
- Once you receive your application, your physician is required to fill out the right side of the application with all applicable information.
- Do not print in the areas marked placard number, date issued, expiration, signature of Police Chief, or Municipality.
- Please call first and make an appointment to be sure that someone is at the building to issue the placard. The hours that the placards will be issued are Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:30 a.m. except on Holidays. Please call Eileen at 732-521-0222 ext. 156 or 609-655-3250 ext. 156.
- Upon entering Police Headquarters, please pick up the phone at the dispatchers window and ask for Harriet.
- After an appointment is made, when you come to Police Headquarters, you must bring the completed application, signed by a physician, and a check or money order for four ($4.00) dollars made out to: NJ Motor Vehicle Services. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- PLEASE NOTE: This application is not for the permanent handicapped individual to hold them over temporarily while they wait for their permanent placard to be issued from the Division of Motor Vehicles. It is intended for temporarily handicapped individuals only.