Be Advised the Monroe Twp. Police Department is now accepting Applications for Firearms Identification Cards and or Handgun Purchasers Permits online.
Any questions, please call 732-521-0222 ext. 153 or ext. 121
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS IS FOR MONROE TWP., MIDDLESEX COUNTY ONLY.
Visit this website. You MUST enter the site address as follows: www.njportal.com/njsp/fars
You MUST enter the correct ORI Number. NJ0121300
(You will not be able to complete the FARS online application WITHOUT THE PROPER ORI #)
Complete the online application. You may complete the application using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. When completing the application you will need the email address of two (2) reputable references. Your references CAN be family members.
Payment will be collected once your application is processed and you pick up your documents.
(Payment can be in the form of Cash, Check or Money Order made out to the Monroe Twp. Police Department.)
* Fees are $5.00 for the INITIAL FID Card and $2.00 for each Pistol Purchase Permit. There is no fee for duplicate or replacement FID Cards.
* You will be receiving automated email updates throughout this new process.
* Once your application is complete, a station representative will contact you to retrieve you FID Card and/or Pistol Purchase Permit Documents.
* Please advise your references that the FARS System will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your reference can complete the questions using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
* The online application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone number for yourself and reference as well as the best email address for yourself and references.
* While entering your Social Security Number is not required, it will help with the Application Process.